Join Our Team
Looking for people with compassionate hearts
Now Hiring for our Guest Service Associate position
TITLE: Guest Service Associate
REPORTS TO: House Manager/Director of House Operations
SUMMARY: The Guest Services Associate (GSA) directly reports to Director of House Operations/House Managers and oversees internal House operations. The GSA is a vital and essential member of the family service team. The GSA is responsible for maintaining a supportive, safe, and welcoming environment for all who enter. The GSA role includes directing the work of volunteers and assuring that all services and programs are provided in a manner consistent with current policies and procedures of RMHC-Denver with a strong emphasis on care. GSAs are required to work some nights and holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Family Care/Housing
- Complete check-ins, check-outs, booking, and room scheduling.
- Appropriately respond to family requests and needs.
- Conduct House tours for community groups and guest as necessary.
- Respond to all family questions, requests, and emergencies.
- Maintain positive working relationships with hospital staff.
- Accept, process and put away in-kind donations.
- Volunteer Program Services
- Assist in meal prep or clean up depending on shift needs.
- Supervise and assist volunteers with completing tasks, while maintaining positive relationships and interactions with the public.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of House (household items and cleaning supplies).
- Greet, screen, receive, sort, and inventory all incoming donations, mail and deliveries to House.
- Clean and keep areas tidy, functional and welcoming.
- Perform a walk-through of entire House to ensure organization and safety of guests.
- Log and follow up on all maintenance issues observed during walk-through of the House.
- Meet with outgoing/incoming staff and volunteers at the beginning and end of each shift to relay important information.
- Compile statistical data and do weekly operations tasks assigned to appropriate shift.
- Be available by phone at all times while on duty.
- Maintain a safe and secure communal living environment for families.
- Interest in working with families and children
- Experience in working with diverse populations
- Spanish-speakers encouraged to apply
- Knowledge MS Office suite
- Basic computer knowledge with the ability to learn and use Family Registry
- Strong communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible work availability
- Willingness to commute to both Denver and Aurora locations
- Able to handle difficult situations with confidence and compassion
- Able to lift 25 pounds
This is a fill-in position and is not eligible for benefits. Starting wage is $15.00/hour
How to apply:
Please submit a resume or application to KIngles@rmhc-denver.org. No phone calls please.