How To Stay
Requesting a Room at either the Denver or Aurora House
Within our Ronald McDonald Houses in Denver and Aurora, we have many families of children with life-threatening conditions who need to continue treatment in Denver, far from their own homes. Although our protocols have changed because of COVID 19, our work to continue to serve those families has not. We have maintained our focus on the health and well-being of our current guest families at in our Denver and Aurora Ronald McDonald Houses, as well as our staff and our community.
We are pleased to have begun the process of once again admitting new families into RMHC-Denver. This will be a phased approach and, currently, we are accepting a very small number of families that meet specific criteria. These families are all being referred from select hospital partners.
This will be accompanied by a robust set of procedures designed to protect families and staff to the greatest extent possible, including heightened cleaning and disinfection protocols, social distancing measures, wellness checks and use of personal protective equipment.
At Ronald McDonald House-Denver, you will find a comfortable place to live while in the Denver Metro area. In addition, you will find support, care, understanding and compassion from staff, volunteers and other families staying at the house. There are two requirements that must be met in order for families to stay at Ronald McDonald House-Denver:
- The patient must be aged 21 years old or younger, and;
- The family must have permanent residence at least 60 miles from the hospital where the patient is being treated.
Each family who stays at one of our Houses is given a private room which accommodates up to 4 people. Only one room is allowed per family.
If you are a new guest at RMHC-Denver you will need to have a request to stay placed by someone at the medical facility where the patient is being treated. Please call our Guest Service team at 303-832-2667 if you have any questions.
This does not guarantee a room, but it will add your name to the wait list for the day that you need the room.
Each night, it costs Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver approximately $120 to house one family. In order for us to continue to meet the expense of keeping families near the care a resources needed, we encourage — but do not require — guests to make a donation of whatever they are able.
Benefits Specialists are on Staff:
Our team of Benefits Specialists can also work with families to see whether a third party, such as medical insurance or their Medicaid provider, will cover lodging expenses.
Families with insurance or Medicaid, are asked to speak with their provider before coming to the Denver or Aurora Ronald McDonald House, in order to determine what is needed for them to pay for your stay. If you have questions about Medicaid or how to access personal travel and lodging benefits, please contact Doreen Rivera at 720-324-2404 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Ronald McDonald House is a Pet Free Facility.
Keeping in Touch:
When you check into the Ronald McDonald House you will be given your own phone number so that family, friends and medical personnel to contact you directly in your room. Mail is picked up and delivered Monday-Saturday at the Registration Desk. Mail should be addressed with the guest’s last name in care of: Ronald McDonald House, 1300 East 21st Avenue, Denver, CO 80205 or Ronald McDonald House Aurora, 932 Potomac Circle, Aurora, CO 80011
Important Information and House Rules:
- Baby-sitting services are not provided. CHILDREN ARE NOT TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME!
- While some donated food is always available at the House, you are responsible for supplying your own food. There are grocery stores nearby both Houses. In addition, community volunteers provide meals for guests on numerous days each month. *Note: To protect the health and safety of our staff and the families that we serve, all volunteer activity in both Houses, including our Share-A-Meal program, have been paused.
- Laundry facilities are provided, free of charge, including washers, dryers, detergent, bleach, irons and ironing boards.
- Security is maintained 24 hours per day.
- Parking is available in a lot adjacent to the House. You are responsible for locking your vehicle at all times. Belongings should be stored in your room or locked in the trunk of your vehicle. We are not responsible for anything lost or stolen.
- Once registered at the House, you must stay every night. If you plan on returning to your permanent residence, even for one night, you must check out of the House.
- Please remember that only 2 children are permitted to stay in a room. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.
When it’s time to go home, you will be asked to clean your room. Everyone will be given a checklist of tasks that must be completed before checking out. If you have any other questions about being a guest at the House, you can contact the House Manager.