How To Stay
Requesting a Room at either the Denver or Aurora House
Ronald McDonald House is known as the “House that Love Built.” Here, you will find a comfortable place to live while in the Metro area. In addition, you will find support, care, understanding and compassion from staff, volunteers and other families staying at the house.
There are two requirements that must be met in order for families to stay at Ronald McDonald House:
- The patient must be aged 21 years old or younger, and;
- The family must have permanent residence at least 60 miles outside of Denver.
Each family who stays at the House is given a private room which accommodates up to 4 people. Of the 4, ONLY 2 children, aged 18 years old or younger, are allowed per room. And, only one room is allowed per family.
Registration and Cost: Before requesting a room, each guest is required to have a referral from the hospital in which they are being treated. Please call the Ronald McDonald House (Denver House, 303-832-2667 or Aurora House, 720-324-2400) to arrange for this referral.
Once the referral is received, you can call us THE DAY YOU PLAN TO ARRIVE in order to inquire about room availability. The front desk phone numbers for the Denver House is 303-832-2667 and for the Aurora House is 720-324-2400. Advanced reservations will not be accepted under any circumstances. Due to the unpredictable nature of medical treatment, we are unable to foresee how many rooms will be available each day.
Each night, it costs Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver approximately $71 to house one family. In order for us to continue to meet the expense of keeping families near the care a resources needed, we encourage — but do not require — guests to make a donation of whatever they are able.
We also work with families to see whether a third party, such as medical insurance or their Medicaid provider, will cover lodging expenses. Families with insurance or Medicaid, are asked to speak with their provider before coming to the Denver or Aurora Ronald McDonald House, in order to establish what is needed for them to pay for your stay. If you have questions about Medicaid or how to access personal travel and lodging benefits, we can help. Please contact John Schliep at 720-324-2402 or email@example.com with questions.
Ronald McDonald House is a Pet Free Facility.
Keeping in Touch: When you check into the Ronald McDonald House you will be given your own phone number so that family, friends and medical personnel to contact you directly in your room. Mail is picked up and delivered Monday-Saturday at the Registration Desk. Mail should be addressed with the guest’s last name in care of: Ronald McDonald House, 1300 East 21st Avenue, Denver, CO 80205 or Ronald McDonald House Aurora, 932 Potomac Circle, Aurora, CO 80011
Important Information and House Rules:
- Baby-sitting services are not provided. CHILDREN ARE NOT TO BE LEFT UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME!
- While some donated food is always available at the House, you are responsible for supplying your own food. There are grocery stores nearby both Houses. In addition, community volunteers provide meals for guests on numerous days each month.
- Laundry facilities are provided, free of charge, including washers, dryers, detergent, bleach, irons and ironing boards.
- Security is maintained 24 hours per day.
- Parking is available in a lot adjacent to the House. You are responsible for locking your vehicle at all times. Belongings should be stored in your room or locked in the trunk of your vehicle. We are not responsible for anything lost or stolen.
- Once registered at the House, you must stay every night. If you plan on returning to your permanent residence, even for one night, you must check out of the House.
- Please remember that only 2 children are permitted to stay in a room. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule.
Our House is run on a volunteer basis; when you are a resident you become one of the volunteers. Please help us keep the house and your room clean, orderly and safe for your family and others.
When it’s time to go home, you will be asked to clean your room. Everyone will be given a checklist of tasks that must be completed before checking out.
If you have any other questions about being a guest at the House, you can contact the House Manager.