Individual Volunteer Opportunities
We have many ways for individuals to make a difference. Check out the list below.
The Family Ambassador volunteers are located at our front desk and are an integral part of keeping our Houses running on a daily basis. They are the first people our families, visitors and staff see when they enter our Houses. Duties include assisting with guest family needs, answering phones and doors, accepting donations, giving tours, and other tasks around the house. This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity for those 18 years of age or older, with a time commitment of one 3-hour shift, every other week or every week for at least 6 months.
Family Room Volunteer
Family Room Volunteers assist in the smooth operation of the Ronald McDonald Family Room, located in Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, ensuring it is a comfortable sanctuary for families of hospitalized children.
- Serving as a host welcoming and orienting families to room amenities.
- Maintaining cleanliness of room so that it remains a respite spot.
- Assisting families in the use of laundry facilities or the computer station.
- People person; comfortable working with all ages in a relaxed setting.
- Gift of hospitality helping others to feel welcomed into the space and to be made comfortable during their time in the family room.
- Volunteers must be 15 years of age.
Email Jordan Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org to Apply
We are looking professional/experienced musician volunteers to share the gift of music with our families! Musicians will be playing in the main lobby of the house with families, volunteers and staff walking in and out. This is for individual musicians who are 18 years of age or older and have portable instruments. Shifts are available weekly and can be signed up for once or reoccurring depending on your schedule.
We are excited to welcome therapy dogs and their handlers to come spend time with our families! Volunteers will meet with families (up to 4 people at a time) individually for dog therapy. This is a weekly or bi-weekly opportunity, available at both our Denver and Aurora locations. Volunteers for must be 18+ and be registered with a National Therapy Dog Organization.